Occam has over 20 years’ experience delivering marketing technology solutions that manage data and turn it into actionable insights that power marketing communications and customer experiences.
St Ives PLC marketing services businesses Response One, Occam and Amaze One are an integrated proposition, focused around the four core areas of Media, Technology, CRM and Data Science. The group has the capability to support any stage of the customer lifecycle and offers clients the rare opportunity to have a single agency to seamlessly handle everything from media planning to customer retention.
The Occam Delivery department is responsible for the implementation, ongoing evolution and optimisation of client solutions. The department comprises of functional expertise across Business Analysis, Software Development, Technical Consultancy, Quality Assurance and Project Management. It exists alongside the Solution Strategy, Commercial and Business Services departments.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years’ experience of delivering complex technology solutions to organisations. A track record in a commercial client facing role.
- Possess a detailed understanding of Development life cycles and Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of cost and resource analysis.
- Experience of running large (6-12month) projects.
- Experience of running multi-stream projects where ongoing change is requested.
- Experience managing projects that involve complex technical documentation.
- Experience with working with 3rd parties and off shore partners.
- Adaptability to a number of commercial organisations and their cultures.
- Experience of, or qualifications in Project Management (e.g. Prince 2, PMP or other).
- Knowledge of software delivery methodologies across traditional waterfall and agile approaches.
- Able to work in the detail and at the strategic/high level and flit comfortably between them and all areas in between.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to tell a compelling story and convey the vision behind approaches.
- Equally comfortable in the technical and business domains and able to work across both and act as a translator and bridge builder between the disciplines.
- Experienced with working in cross functional teams and across organisational boundaries.
- Commercially astute and comfortable with proving return on investments.
- Direct marketing industry experience across both traditional marketing and technology roles.
- Experience across an array of marketing technologies covering capabilities such as data analytics/data visualisation/reporting technologies, campaign automation tools and channel execution software (email service providers, mobile messaging, social, web personalisation).
- Knowledge of data management technology (ETL/ELT, relational database principles, integration approaches, data hygiene/quality).
- Understanding of data driven marketing practices (role of data, type of data valuable to marketing/customer experience, sources of data across online/offline).
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects.
- Plan and manage the monthly project deliverables in-line with client priorities.
- Gain client sign-off for key project gateways (e.g. Statement of Work, Business Requirements, Test Plans, User Acceptance Testing, Deployment, Change Control etc)
- Define project activity constraints and assumptions
- Manage scope, and mitigate risk across projects.
- Initiate and maintain documentation for project risks and issues.
- Oversee scrums for Delivery teams.
- Manage project issues as they arise, and escalate to management/project board as required.
- Objectively conduct post project reviews as part of a constant learning process
- Provide weekly/fortnightly reports to the Client Team on client and project activity.
- Manage project profitability for projects, and accurately forecast revenue and utilisation across projects.
- Manage Resourcing utilisation documents/spreadsheets and reports.
- Ensure that effort booked to project is accurate and submitted on time
- Monitor and manage project burndown, and escalate to management issues in advance.
- Ensure accurate project invoicing, and address billing issues when they arise.
- Manage day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple or large-scale projects.
- Anticipate client needs and propose alternative business solutions.
- Continually seek and capitalise upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Acquire sound knowledge base of each client's business, organisation and objectives.
- Identify change control opportunities and capitalise on "add-on" sales opportunities across projects.
- In tandem with the sales team achieve "add on" revenue goals
- Work in conjunction with the sales team to follow up on sales leads.
- Manage the resource and cost estimates for bids.
- Participate in team and client meetings.
- Communicate relevant project management information to management and peers on other projects.
- Work across client projects to share lessons learned and best practices.
- Lend expertise to internal teams and task forces.
- Comply with and enforce Occam’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Comply with Occam’s ISO27001 procedures and Data Protection Act commitments and proactively identify issues that are encountered.
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Plus more…
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent benefits
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- A great team of people
- Relaxed working environment
For a full job description and details of how to apply, please contact Sian or Alex at Recruitment@occam-dm.com